Deutsch HDP20 Series Connectors
Deutsch HDP20 Connectors | Deutsch HDP20 Plug | Deutsch HDP Sockets
Deutsch HDP20 Series Connectors are a heavy duty rated, environmentally sealed, composite shell, multi-pin connector. The composite thermoplastic shell is ideal in applications where chemicals can damage a connector housing. HDP20 features quick connect-disconnect bayonet coupling, single hole bulkhead mounting, silicone seals, and a rear insertion/rear removal contact system.
- Accepts contact sizes 4 (100 amps), 8 (60amps), 12 (25 amps), 16 (13 amps), and 20 (7.5 amps)
- 4-22 AWG
- 2, 6, 7, 8, 9, 14, 16, 18, 19, 20, 21, 23, 29, 31, 33, 35, and 47 cavity arrangements
- In-line or flange mount
- Circular, thermoplastic housing
- Coupling ring for mating
- Grommet: Silicone rubber
- Insert Retainer: Thermoplastic
- Plug Coupling Ring: Thermoplastic
- Shell: Thermoplastic
DEUTSCH electrical connectors will stand up to the harsh environmental challenges that are common to industrial markets that require advanced performance. Proper parts, procedures, and tooling must be used.
Operating at temperatures from -55° C to +125° C continuous at rated current.
No electrical or mechanical defects after 100 cycles of engagement and disengagement.
No unlocking or unmating and exhibits no mechanical or physical damage after sinusoidal vibration levels of 20 G’s at 10 to 2000 Hz in each of the three mutually perpendicular planes. No electrical discontinuities longer than 1 microsecond.
No unlocking, unmating, or other unsatisfactory result during or after 50 G’s in each of three mutually perpendicular planes. No electrical discontinuities longer than 1 microsecond. MIL-STD 202, Method 213, Condition “C”.
Connectors show no damage when exposed to most fluids used in industrial applications.
1000 megohms minimum at 25° C.
Properly wired and mated connections will withstand immersion under three feet of water without loss of electronic qualities or leakage.
Dielectric Withstanding Voltage
Current leakage less than 2 milliamps at 1500 VAC.
No cracking, chipping or leaking after 20 test cycles from -55° C to +125° C
Deutsch HDP20 Series Installation Instructions:
- Grasp contact approximately (25.4 mm) one inch behind the contact crimp barrel.
- Hold connector with rear grommet facing you.
- Push contact straight into connector grommet until a positive stop is felt. A slight tug will confirm that it is properly locked in place. NOTE: For unused wire cavities, insert sealing plugs for full environmental sealing.
- With rear insert toward you, snap appropriate size extractor tool over the wire of contact to be removed.
- Slide tool along into the insert cavity until it engages contact and resistance is felt.
- Pull contact-wire assembly out of connector. NOTE: Do not twist or insert tool at an angle.